We know that probate and estate planning can be highly complex areas. To master this set of knowledge takes a lot of time and a lot of help. We want our clients to feel fully informed and comfortable with whatever decisions they make with our firm. If you feel that you could understand one or more of these estate planning concepts better, we've take the liberty of compiling a list of helpful links and resources to put as many misunderstandings to rest as possible. Below, you'll find publications in association with the California State Bar as well as number of other resources.
California State Bar Publications
- Do I Need Estate Planning?
- Do I need a Living Trust?
- What Should I Know About Elder Abuse?
- Seniors and the Law - A Guide for Maturing Californians
Other Helpful Resources
- California Coalition for Compassionate Care - A statewide partnership of more than 95 regional and statewide organizations promoting high-quality, compassionate end-of-life care for all Californians.
- California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform - Since 1983, California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform has been fighting for the rights of long-term care residents in California.
- California Department of Health Care Services - The Department of Health Care Services’ (DHCS) mission is to protect and promote the health status of Californians through the financing and delivery of individual health care services. The DHCS finances and administers a number of individual health
- California Health and Human Services Agency - CHHS administers state and federal programs for health care, social services, public assistance and rehabilitation. Responsibility for administering major programs, which provide direct services to millions of Californians, is divided among CHHS's 12
- California Medi-Cal - Find out how to apply for services for you and/or your family. Get help for children with special medical conditions and seniors needing personal care. Find health information for women, men and teenagers.
- FDIC - Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation - Did you know that having assets held at a financial institution in the name of your revocable living trust may increase your FDIC Insurance in case the bank fails.
- Kind Ethics - The human side of ethics in healthcare.
For clarity on a more specific or pressing issue, contact our firm today at (805) 372-1507 to meet with our Thousand Oaks probate estate planning attorneys.